7 absolute foods that should not be eaten by dogs

If you have a habit of giving your dog all kinds of food, then he will be in danger.

There are several foods that are edible to humans but are very harmful to your dog. Below is a list of 7 foods that veterinarians say should never be fed to dogs.


1. Caffein

Caffeinated foods are all harmful to dogs. A cup of coffee gives you energy and keeps you awake immediately, but the opposite is true for dogs. Not just coffee, but all caffeinated products like tea, soft drinks, candies, and ice cream are all harmful to dogs. Dogs with caffeine poisoning cause vomiting, irregular heartbeat, tremors, and convulsions.


2. Grapes

Including raisins and fresh grapes. This fruit is dangerous for all breeds of dogs from big to baby and can cause kidney failure. Both seeded and seedless grapes are harmful to dogs. There are no clear data on the dose of the toxin, but even small amounts can cause disease in some breeds.


3. Walnuts

Walnuts are one of those nuts that you should not feed your dog. They are not fatal but can make your dog very sick. Eating British, Japanese or black walnuts can cause intestinal obstruction, which requires prompt treatment. Nuts of black walnuts (mainly found in Northeast America) are also harmful to dogs. Eating this fruit will cause the dog to experience convulsions and tremors.


4. Mushrooms

Fungi appear almost everywhere but it is difficult to distinguish between poisonous and non-toxic. You need to be very careful if your dog plays around in an area with fungus, as some fungi can even be fatal. Vomiting, diarrhea, seizures, tremors or excessive drooling are common symptoms of fungal poisoning. Poisoned dogs need immediate treatment.


5. Onions and garlic

Onions and garlic, whatever form (raw or cooked), are harmful to dogs. Garlic is more dangerous because even a small amount of garlic can cause serious problems for your dog. The main threat to eating garlic and onions is the destruction of red blood cells leading to anemia.


6. Chocolate

You may share chocolates with other people, but you must not feed your dog this food. Chocolate can cause serious illness or even death in dogs. Chocolate contains an ingredient called theobromine. In moderation, the human body can digest it unharmed but it is harmful to dogs.

Cocoa powder and dark chocolate contain the highest levels of theobromine. In addition to chocolate, the amount consumed and the size of the dog also determines the toxicity level. Small dogs are more susceptible to poisoning than large dogs. Eating large amounts of chocolate will cause convulsions, internal bleeding, heart attack, and even death.


7. Xylitol

Xylitol is harmless to humans but toxic to dogs. Xylitol is a widely used sugar substitute or sweetener and is extremely harmful to dogs. It is used to produce a variety of items such as candy, chewing gum, jams, protein bars, and chocolate.

Unlike humans, xylitol causes the body to release large amounts of insulin into the bloodstream. It leads to a drop in blood sugar below normal levels (known as hypoglycemia). If the dog eats a lot, the dog will also suffer from liver failure and even death if not treated properly.

Article Tags:
· · · · · · ·
Article Categories:
Dogs Care

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *